Who are they?
Hublo builds a simple and user-friendly digital platform to help hospitals, clinics and retirement homes find staff easily and efficiently, so that they can refocus on their core mission: saving lives.
Better managing staff on a daily basis, saving time and improving the quality of life at work are strong issues highlighted by the Covid-19 crisis. During this crisis, pursuing its mission, Hublo pro bono offered its platform by creating the initiative #Renforts-Covid, to encourage solidarity among healthcare professionals. In partnership with 11 of the 13 regional branches of the Health Ministry in France, Hublo helped gather more than 60,000 volunteer professionals in 2 months, who supported 6,000 healthcare facilities in crucial need for extra-hands during this epidemic.
At the end of 2020, Hublo is deployed in almost 2,000 healthcare facilities and is used by more than 200,000 healthcare professionals, thus contributing to the healthcare system digitization and to the hospital of the future.
From +100 team members today in Paris and Sophia-Antipolis, the Hublo team is still growing in France and beyond. Recently, they opened an office in Cologne in Germany.
As a scale-up, Hublo is facing multiple and ambitious challenges in the Engineering team and is looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer.
As a seasoned frontend developer, you will help our team deliver key features on our front-ends and your priorities will be quality, scalability, maintainability and robustness.
The #1 objective of our Engineering team is to build a fully integrated suite of interconnected tools to make the daily life of millions of healthcare professionals easier everywhere in Europe so they can fully focus on their main purpose: patients.
Joining Hublo will simply give you a unique chance to be part of that journey!
- Evaluate and improve front-end code-bases by contributing to our best practices
- Write and maintain code of high quality, testable and tested, participate to code reviews and maintain our design system
- Help, mentor and teach other developers by passing your knowledge on to them and by promoting good practices among developers teams
- Provide solutions to mitigate technical debt
- Enrich our set of front-end code quality tools
- Propose new ideas of design/architectural improvements
Our organization and our stack
We focus on recent technologies with a constant need for improvement and optimization. It also means a lot of autonomy within teams and collective decision-making. The Engineering team is divided in 4 squads and 3 chapters and here are the details of our stack:
- When we design our web app, we use NextJS with TypeScript and React Query
- When comes the time for testing, we use: react-testing-library with jest
- When we write our API, it’s with NestJS and TypeScript
- When accessing our databases, we use Prisma
- And when testing, we use jest (and we love dependency injection)
- We use Github to store our code and our CI runs on Github Actions
- We use SonarCloud for quality purpose (80% coverage, rough but fair linter, …)
- We store our data mainly in Postgres
- We’re hosted on AWS, deployed with Terraform
Perks & benefits
Our team members are our #1 asset! We offer them great perks so they feel good about working for us!
- A fair and competitive salary package with an attractive equity plan (“BSPCE”) 📈
- A flexible remote working policy 🏡
- RTT 🌴
- A daily meal plan (Swile) 🥗
- Health insurance plan (Alan) 🩺
- Access to thousands of gyms and activities, through our partnership with (Gymlib)🤸🏼🏋🏻
- Macbook environment 💻
- Free coffee, snacks and a budget allocated to managers for small team events ☕
Office & Team Life
- A dynamic and multicultural team of 10+ nationalities 💥
- The ability to work in several locations: Paris, Sophia-Antipolis, Cologne 🌆
- Weekly team drinks and yearly offsite (long week-end in the French Alps or Portugal just to name a couple) ☀️
- A chance to contribute to improving the healthcare system in Europe ❤️
- At least 5 years of industry experience working on frontend systems at a large-scale internet service with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- At least 2 years experience in ReactJS and its ecosystem in production. You know your way with React FCs and hooks
- You understand the back-end constraints and are able to work with RESTful designs
- You follow best practices, your are rigorous about testing and code quality (TDD, acceptance tests, unit tests) and eager to constantly learn
- You are a strategic thinker and a doer at the same time: you don’t hesitate to take a step back to prevent any risk while being pragmatic and solution-oriented
- You are a good communicator and you like to mentor engineers, pass your knowledge on to them, make them aware of good practices
- You are a team player and you have a sense of ownership
Nice to have
- You have already worked with libraries like NextJS providing Server Side Rendering or Statically Generated sites
- You have experience in back-end development
Our Engineering culture and values
- Getting Stuff Done: we value the fact that “Done is better than perfect”. We are ambitious and we never take no for granted.
- Ownership: we encourage everyone in the Engineering team to be result-driven and to take ownership and initiative. We are convinced that by encouraging everyone to take ownership will help us make decisions thoughtfully, responsibly, and with more care.
- Quality: we want to get things done without sacrificing quality. We’ve put great importance on testing our code and cleaning it. We also value mistakes because we know that we can learn from them to avoid them in the future.
- Initial call with the HR team
- On-site interview (or video call) with a software engineer or a team lead
- 3 on-site interviews/tests including a discussion with our CEO and our CTO over half a day