CE QUE L'ON VOUS PROPOSE
- BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues.
- A place to grow both technically and as an individual.
- You should join :)
👋 What do we believe in?
TL;DR: building a social network that brings people closer together.
- We are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life.
- Every day at a random time, everyone in the community is notified simultaneously to capture and share a photo in 2 minutes.
- No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other.
- On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives, and get closer to them.
🚀 Where are we?
TL;DR: growing fast.
- From 10K daily active users in March to 300K+ in June.
- Currently raising one of the largest series A ever in mobile consumer.
🌟 What are the exciting challenges ahead?
TL;DR: reaching 100M+ daily active users.
- Building the technical infrastructure and product that will empower BeReal to scale to 100M+ users.
🔨 How do we work?
TL;DR: It's all about getting things done. Fast. Elegantly.
- We are building from scratch a small team (<20 members) determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together.
- “Word hard, be nice” is our motto.
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office as long as you’re available on CEST time.
- Own the company: equity for all team members.
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us.
- 100% health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy.
- Pick your work material.
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
Anything you would like to discuss? Please let us know when we speak :)
🤓 Who should join us?
TL;DR: you are a problem solver.
- You love solving hard problems and you're great at it!
- You are obsessed with building delightful product experiences.
- You are a not only a great solo contributor, but also a caring team player.
- You have already solved challenges similar to those we have ahead.
📱 Our app:
- We are pragmatists, always looking for the best tech and trade-offs for our specific needs.
- To handle our very spiky usage pattern, we use managed services from GCP like Firebase and Cloud Functions.
- We are migrating some services to Cloud Run using Node.js, Redis and PostgreSQL.
- Our mobile apps are written in Swift on iOS and React Native on Android.
⚙️ Hiring process:
- 30 min - "Non-technical" call with Romain (COO).
- 1h30 - Technical test & interview with one of our advisors.
- 1h - In-depth “non-technical” interview with Alexis (Founder & CEO).
- Ref calls.
- => Done! All this takes 3-4 days max -on the 5th day, you join us ;)
- 3+ years experience in building, scaling, and managing a tech team (4+ developers)
- 5+ years experience as a back-end developer (Node.js)
- At least one experience in a fast growing startup (ideally, two: i.e. you did it twice)
- Strong experience in designing high-stress software architectures and deploying them with a DevOps mindset on managed services and cloud providers (GCP + AWS)
- Ideally, experience with PostgreSQL, Redis, Firebase, message brokers